Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bobbi Brown

I picked up a few things at Bloomingdales. It was quite nice that it wasn't packed at all. I guess it's because today was like 95 degrees and everyone is at the beach catching some rays and BBQing.

I've read some great reviews on Bobbi Brown products so I have finally decided to give it a try. I have been hesitating to get these because they are quite pricey.










Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink (1) ($21)
I'm almost done with the MAC fluidline so I decided to try this brand since there are so many great reviews on this product. This is suppose to be in competition with MAC's fluidline in Black Track. I will try it out and see if I like this more.

Review: (June 05, 2010)

I like it that it is creamier than MAC's fluidline but I feel like I need to build up the color to make it really dark. I have seen reviews that the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is slightly darker than MACs but I found it the other way around. I would probably re-purchase the Bobbi Brown one again because I like the creamier formula, it goes on a little smoother.





Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream ($45)
For $45 it better be good, especially when the jar is so small..... I haven't tried it yet so I can't say how well this works.

Review: (June 05, 2010)
It is worth it! I applied it right before I went to sleep and when I woke up the skin around my eyes felt more supple. I will use it sparingly because it's quite expensive. After one use, I already see a difference.



Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Natural ($40)

I was actually looking for a concealer but then I came across this foundation stick. The coverage can be used like a concealer. The color looks close to my skin tone which it's quite hard for me to find. I know that Bobbi Brown makeup is more yellow-based which appears more naturally. Ironically, the color that is close to my skin color is called Natural. It is normal also that we should get a lighter and darker color because our skin color changes throughout the year. I was comparing the amount of product for the price. The concealer that I thought about getting was almost half the price but almost 4x LESS product than the foundation. Therefore, the foundation is a better deal.

The foundation stick is quite creamy and can be blended easily but the only thing is that if I wanted to use this as a concealer I would have to set it with a powder to make it longer lasting and so it wouldn't move around.

No comments:

Post a Comment